Prof. Mustafa Hassan
Vice Chancellor for
Topic: Hospital Emergency Preparedness for COVID-19 Pandemic
Hospitals are complex institutions that are dependent on the optimal performance of multifaceted components. In many countries, hospitals run at 90% occupancy or higher which is the average percentage for the efficient operation of hospitals. Any crises that cause a surge in the volume of admissions will result in capacity problems. Outbreaks, in this case, COVID-19 increased the demand for hospital services more than any other incident in recent history. This webinar will shed light on some key actions to be taken by hospital administrators to ensure hospital emergency preparedness in the event of disastrous situations.
17th May 2020
15:00-16:00 Dubai GMT+4
Dr. Mansoor Al Awar
Chancellor of HBMSU
Topic: Quality vs Crisis
Quality vs Crisis presentation contains two chapters dealing with the elements and values of quality. It also focuses on crisis analysis and health crisis in particular. The presentation handles coronavirus situation in timeline style, and finally explores the relationship between quality and crisis.
18th May 2020
20:30-21:30 Dubai GMT+4
Prof. Samer Hamidi
Program Chair, PhD Programs, MSc. in Hospital Management, and MSc. in Public Health
School of Health and Environmental Studie
Topic: COVID-19 Pandemic at a Glance: A Comparative Analysis of Health Systems
Health systems are overwhelmed when the demand for care exceeds any possibility of providing that care equally to all. In addition to a large number of deaths from COVID-19, the pandemic will place a load on health system resources well beyond the current capacity of hospitals to manage, especially
for ICU care and ventilator use. Detailed assessments of mortality patterns represent a critical input that enables health systems to target interventions to specific populations. Monitoring levels and trends in mortality is vital to understand how health systems can inform the development and implementation of strategies to mitigate this gap.
21st May 2020
20:30-21:30 Dubai GMT+4
About the Speaker
- Professor of health systems management, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University.
- Published author, editor and program chair.
- Published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers in reputable journals in several fields, notably health systems, burden of disease, health finance, and quality and efficiency in the healthcare sector.
- Taught courses at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral level programs.
- Site visitor for the Accreditation Council of Public Health Education Accreditation Agency (APHEA).
- Member of Applied Health Equity and Development Research Network.